Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Joined: 14 Apr 2003
|Posted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:42 pm Post subject: 4th Annual HEMP HOE DOWN, May 21st & 22nd, 2004
|Keefe Green presents the 4th Annual HEMP HOE DOWN, May 21st & 22nd, 2004
Elk View Campground, Exit 37, five miles southeast of Sturgis SD, on I-90
Indoor and Outdoor, Rain or Shine.
Throw Down at the Hoe Down
The Hemp Hoe Down is an educational event aimed at informing attendees
about the benefits of industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is the healthiest
food source and the longest and strongest natural fiber. It produces the
most bio-mass and has the plant world's highest percentage of cellulose,
the building blocks of paper, plastics, and bio-composites. Hemp can
also render tornado-resistant buildings, can be used as fuel to heat our
homes, run our industries, and fuel our cars, all without dangerous
toxic crop chemicals, and while helping to redistribute wealth to
farmers from the bottom up.
The Hemp Hoe Down includes 2 days of live music, hemp foods, hemp beer,
and camping for $20, or for $7 per day, with a one night camping fee of
$5. Doors open at 4 p.m. on Friday. The event ends on Sunday morning.
Food will be provided by the Kitchen Revolution on Friday featuring hemp
pizza, hemp seed quesadillas, hemp based breads and much more. Saturday
morning will feature hemp pancakes and other hemp breakfast foods. On
Saturday evening the W.F.O Hemp Café will be serving hemp pasta, pizza,
and much more. Hemp Lager Beer will be available from the Heavenly Daze
Brewery in Denver. Hemp seed and seed oil has 35% protein, and is the
only food source that contains all 8 essential amino acids and all 4
essential fatty acids.
Friday, May 21st Lineup:
- 6 p.m. -- Live Music: Mat Hats (rock variety from former members of
- 7:30 p.m. -- Speech: Alex White Plume (the only farmer to cultivate and
sell a hemp crop within the US borders since 1968)
- 8 p.m. – Live Music: Crazy Horse Singers; Lakota Drummers honor the
plant nation--all that grows
- 8:30 p.m. -- Live Music: Tone Grown (Rapid City rage-like energy band,
members of former Random Ax)
- 9:30 p.m -- Speech: Keefe Green; the editor of Hemphasis Magazine and
promoter of the Hemp Hoe Down 4 speaks on the benefits of industrial
- 10 p.m. to 1am -- Live Music: Todd Rigione and band (eclectic rocker
from mainstream band Liquid Jesus rocks the house <see underdogma.com>).
Saturday’s May 22nd Lineup:
- 11 a.m. -- Live Music: Frown Brown (blues, funk, metal) and others will
wake up camp along with hemp pancakes;
- 2 p.m. -- Movies: "Hemp, Hemp, Hooray" & "Hempsters Plant the Seed"
- 5 p.m -- Hemp Product Demonstration
- 5:30 p.m. -- Live Music: Six Mile Road (Black Hills premiere blue grass)
- 7:30 p.m. -- Speech: Bob Newland; publisher of Hemphasis Magazine,
running for U.S. Senate (against Daschle and Thune)
- 8 p.m. -- Live Music: Sequoia the Warrior and Wellington Downz,
homegrown native hip hop jazz)
- 9 p.m. -- Live Music: Open Mic (Come and show off your talent)
- 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. -- Live Music: DJ4Norml Project (electronic music
company that raises money for Norml). Tone Tailor: Casper, WY: ragga
jungle; Austin Tacious: Omaha, NE: drum & bass; Patrick Everwood: Omaha,
NE: funky breaks; and many more. DJ’s will spin all night both nights at
The HHD4 is sponsored by Turkey Graphix of Sturgis, The Kitchen Sink and
Crescent Moon of Rapid City, Exit 14 Amoco of Spearfish, Hemphasis
Magazine (Hemphasis.net) and the South Dakota Industrial Hemp Council.
People are invited to bring their dogs as long as they are leashed. No
outside alcohol or drugs are allowed. Absolutely no live hand grenades
this year. Attendees are encouraged to bring their drums and their
records. 1/3 of the proceeds from this event will be donated to Alex
White Plume and his family. For more information please call Jeremy at
605 484-1806 or send e-mail to Keefegreen@yahoo.com.
My blog: Rev. Ferre's surfin' habits
Read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum