THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
300000 Iraq & Afghan Vets Suffer PTSD & Depression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DdC
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: 300000 Iraq & Afghan Vets Suffer PTSD & Depression Reply with quote

300000 Iraq & Afghan Vets Suffer PTSD & Depression DN Report
300,000 US troops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan are suffering from major depression or post-traumatic stress disorder. This, according to a new study by the RAND Corporation. Researchers say nearly 20 percent of the troops who served in the war zones are suffering PTSD and depression, but only half of them have sought treatment. RAND researcher Terri Tanielian said, “Unless they receive appropriate and effective care for these mental health conditions, there will be long-term consequences for them and for the nation.” The study also estimates that 320,000 service members had experienced a possible traumatic brain injury while deployed. Researchers say female soldiers and reservists had the highest rates of post-traumatic stress disorder and major depression. Meanwhile, in Texas, the Dallas VA Medical Center has been forced to close its psychiatric ward to new patients after the suicides of four veterans this year.

Israel To Soothe Trauma With Marijuana
By Corinne Heller October 02, 2004

IDF To Treat Shell Shock With Cannabis Israel August 05, 2004
The IDF will soon begin using cannabis to treat soldiers suffering from combat stress, the military said Wednesday. An army statement said the military medical corps and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem would begin treating victims of post-traumatic stress - commonly known as shell shock - with THC, the active ingredient in the cannabis plant. It said the treatment would begin on an experimental basis. The use of THC as part of the treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder was approved by military and civilian committees relevant to the subject, the statement said.

Pot Shots for Israeli Soldiers

Study: Marijuana Eases Traumatic Memories

Pot Blocks Painful Memories, Study Says

Cannabis, the Importance of Forgetting by Michael Pollan

Pot-Like Chemical Helps Beat Fear

Tod H. Mikuriya M.D.

Drugwar Lies Linked to Schizophrenia

'Cannabis' Acts as Antidepressant
October 13, 2005 : BBC News United Kingdom
A chemical found in cannabis can act like an antidepressant, researchers have found. A team from Canada's University of Sasketchewan suggest the compound causes nerve cells to regenerate. The Journal of Clinical Investigation study showed rats given a cannabinoid were less anxious and less depressed. But UK experts warned other conflicting research had linked cannabis, and other cannabinoids, to an increased risk of depression and anxiety.

Ganja Acts as an Antidepressant (Thread of Linx)

'Cannabis' Acts as Antidepressant

Scientists Copy Pot To Combat Depression

DEPRESSION & HUNDREDS OF OTHER PRIMARY MEDICAL USES

Seeking Rest From the Terrors, New York Pops Pills
New Yorkers are increasingly turning to sedation to help them escape the nightmares created by the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center. According to doctors and pharmacists in the city, New York's denizens--many grieving for lost friends and family--are looking to medicine more than ever before to help fall asleep.

SLEEP AND RELAXATION

CANNABIS LUNG CLEANER AND EXPECTORANT

Only the Stoners Will Survive?

Marijuana Protects Your Brain by Dana Larsen
Studies reveal that marijuana protects against brain damage from stroke, heart attacks, and nerve gas.

Could Medical Marijuana Have Prevented Gulf War Syndrome?
Derivative Combats Nerve Gas, Say Israeli Reports
From Scripps Howard News Service

Many Veterans are the Enemy in the Bush D.E.A.th War

Sam Stone came home, To his wife and family After serving in the conflict overseas. And the time that he served, Had shattered all his nerves, And left a little shrapnel in his knee. But the morphine eased the pain, And the grass grew round his brain, And gave him all the confidence he lacked, With a Purple Heart and a monkey on his back...

Sam Stone's welcome home Didn't last too long. He went to work when he'd spent his last dime And Sammy took to stealing When he got that empty feeling For a hundred dollar habit without overtime. And the gold rolled through his veins Like a thousand railroad trains, And eased his mind in the hours that he chose, While the kids ran around wearin' other peoples' clothes...

Sam Stone was alone When he popped his last balloon Climbing walls while sitting in a chair Well, he played his last request While the room smelled just like D.E.A.th With an overdose hovering in the air But life had lost its fun And there was nothing to be done But trade his house that he bought on the G.I. Bill For a flag draped casket on a local heroes' hill...

There's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes, Jesus Christ died for nothin' I suppose. Little pitchers have big ears, Don't stop to count the years, Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios. Mmmmm....
Sam Stone * John Prine * Souvenirs

Addiction Treatment Strives for Legitimacy
Some drugs are made in laboratories. Others, like penicillin, are discovered by accident. And then there's ibogaine, a sacramental substance from West Africa that some say interrupts heroin, cocaine, and other addictions.

Legalise Cannabis To Cut Heroin Addiction

For Heroin Addicts, A Bizarre Remedy

Support your local WoD Resistance Group today! -- DdC

November Coalition

Agent Orange, All Over Again

Scientists Test Hallucinogens for Mental Ills

Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the vets are committing suicide at a massive rate upon their return home. Be all you can be doesn't tell you you're going to be missing an arm or leg and never be able to work again. It doesn't tell you you're going to come home a paraplegic....

All this for a pack of lies. Our soldiers need to come home and point their weapons at those in charge who are running this country into the ground. They are OUR defense forces and they are NOT defending us. They're fighting in a place that has nothing to do with us or them while the tyrrants run a muck at home.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam,

I try to think about this one.
When joining the Army you are selling your arse to your government, unfortunately if there are not enough cannon fodder the government have to use their initiative, thus we end up with, 'Join the army and get a career'.

Maybe they should tell the truth?
Maybe they should just close the army?

I would fight for my country, but I would not invade another country. But that is what America is built on, what more is expected?

I hear about nurse's going to the front line to save soldiers lives.
These men go to war and expect death or they expect to come out a hero, better than everyone else, to live like lords. Who has the right to make that decision? Maybe the nurse's should ask the soldiers before they leave. Death or cripple?

If we didn't have a frontline, we wouldn't have super-glue, ever wonder why it sticks nothing but your fingers, so we need these crippled soldiers. We wouldn't be able to temporary fix items.

If they are going to treat our soldiers that bad how are they going to treat us for telling the truth.

Do the soldiers deserve it?

My life or their's? It's a hard one!

But if my freedom depends on keeping my mouth shut and letting the naive think they are going to be hero's and stop them from killing themselves when they come back half a man.

Go boys your good soldiers, I just give as much shit about you as you do about me, if you cared about me you would not leave the country to invade another. I don't want you to, your problem when you come back!
malloryjade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever anyone talks to me about joining the military I always tell them go visit the VA hospital and just take a look around. I volunteer to even give them a ride. If any of you have ever been in one you know what a sad sight it is. MJ
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iraqi vets are killing themselves at a rate of about 1,000 per month.

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be killing the criminals that lead them to war and ridding our country of the parasites it's totally infested with.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
DdC

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malloryjade Many Veterans are the Enemy in the Bush D.E.A.th War. I am a Hospice Live-in Ganja Caregiver since 1990. I do sympathize with any human suffering. The Homeless sleeping in the cold or the hungry child whose parents are denied food-stamps because of a pot bust. Starving Babies and Illegal Food.

Economic conditions set up the conditions to be ripe for recruiting cannon fodder. NAFTA/GATT sending jobs overseas. Recruiting commercials leaving the wounded Vets in warehouses out of the story. Same warehouses being constructed to maintain elderly boomers evicted from their homes do to the cost of being old and sick.

Outlawing free Ganja herbal remedies. Disease taxes on Home Health Aids, Nurses and patient transportation costs. Government making profit on illness the same as they do on prisons and "police actions" like Vietnam or Iraq since "Mission Accomplished".

War and Police Actions are similar in the dying and maiming of humans. Just you can't profit on war. Police Actions you can bilk em for whatever. The Ganjawar or rather "Ganja police action" has cost citizens $1 Trillion dollars since the bogus 1937 Tax Ax. That seems like a huge waste to most normal people not receiving it. Those spending it and getting paychecks on it have a different opinion. Incentives to maintain dysfunctional wars.

The government propaganda about the dangers of Ganja justify the Women's Christian Temperance (Vengeance) Unions to lie, too maintain the caging of sick people. Denying college tuition assistance for the poor. Deter Hemp businesses and criminalize millions of Americans, segregating them to prison slave labor or low wages.

These religionists "legislating morals" are baby-killers bombing water supplies and sewage systems, abortionists spraying poisons over food crops, Ethneogenic and ditchweed eradication run off contaminating the underground aquifer providing fresh water. Half of which is wasted by good old boy bible thumpers irrigating cow food. All moving with OPEC TEX Bush Inc.

Sanctimonious Sodomites forcing thousands of children and adult males to be beaten and raped in US prisons each year for non victim Ganja related so called crimes. Plea bargains profits to avoid mandatory prison profits. Many "please bargains" end up being all that they can be dodging car bombs "policing the planet".

The Ganjawar is nothing short of Sanctioned Terrorism, caging and stealing the homes, belongings and even the children of sick people using Nature's remedies. All justified in their pious peabrains because they believe they're doing it in the name of their government approved religion. If we do it too our own why would anyone else trust us not to do it to them? That ain't Jesus. DdC

"I like your Christ,
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

-- Mahatma Gandhi

The Lancet Study: 650,000 Dead Iraqis

Where Was the Media,
when "We the People" took to the streets?
Protesting chicken-hawks "cherry pickin' and a grinin',
all the way to the World Banksters.
Cashing in on suffering.
Orphanages and drugs to "treat" the collateral damaged,
and "friendly fired" blown up humans.

Where Was the Kerry rigged DNC?
Following the GOP's lead.
Shunning all voices in opposition.
Now why aren't these War crimes being investigated?
What do these arrogant S&DOB's,
think the voters message was?

Bush Cheney lied,
how many more will have to die?
How many will we have to care for back home?
When we haven't the means to care for what we got.
While Bush Cheney Inc. cuts Vets benefits.
To give Halliburton lawyers a Christmas bonus,
for saving them billions gutting Asbestos settlements.

Kucinich was the only "American" Democrat running!
We just have to stop paying for these Private Wars,
with Public Assistance.
DdC December 18, 2006

He's the universal soldier and he
really is to blame
His orders come from far away no more
They come from him, and you, and me
and brothers can't you see
this is not the way we put an end to war.

UNIVERSAL SOLDIER Buffy Sainte-Marie

Shameful treatment of a soldier

Plastic Flag Twitchers are the Traitors
I wonder how many plastic flags were jerking in the wind last weekend? Wonder what the message is, sending the kids off to Iraq, while the Chinese plastic r.w.&b. banners spasm. War started on lies, now proven. Kids sacrificed for politicians profits. Kids parents on the sidelines twitching tiny plastic flags from crude oil sold by Sadamn. The "enemy" was getting the money from war mongers and their families. US patriot bucks to buy more suicide bombers? What a concept.

Winning Bush's war by hurling money and unemployed kids at them. Try to grow an original hemp flag and get busted for illegal substances. So the Vets coming home can't get proper treatment. The kids getting shot at can't get Armor protection. Risking their lives from car bombs or depleted uranium. More die, and are then brought home in boxes draped with the same Sadamn crude plastic. Meanwhile the Ganjawar on citizens give us more victims each day. Americans killed for the same crude oil Korpses, keeping competition off the so called free trade market. Are Americans that sadistic or just gullible and stupid?
DdC, 2007

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is
to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger."

--Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering,
Nazi Air Force (Luftwaffe) commander, the Nuremberg Trials

David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I like your Christ,
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you that one DdC Very Happy , it's amazing how diffent people see things from diffent angles.[/quote]
malloryjade

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I'm feeling the bullshit. The VA here is good in many ways. The best one I've been to. However I had to go to a civilian hospital and they won't pay the bill. I've become very ill over it now I'm so distressed I had to pay 3000-5000 out of my pocket because of it and I'm so worn out trying to figure out how to get it paid the fucking people in the congress offices here are no help and truthfully I'm so overwhelmed by what happened well it's a fucking disgrace what they have done to me. I cry just thinking about how I've been violated. I cannot seem to get the right words on paper to convince them this is wrong. Anyways this doesn't make much sense without giving the details. I wish like hell someone would just come to my aid and help me. I'm pretty strong yet lately all I do is cry. like now they have me so stressed and depressed.
DdC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think they just weren't listening...
Now I know it's that they just can't hear...

malloryjade

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roflol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: